MORAVIA FLEET CZ
CZECH STAR CLASS YACHTING SITE
Presentation Star Class
The Star Class is the most expanding racing sailboat fin. It was constructed by Francis Sweisguth in 1911. Thanks to big popularity the Star Class is Olympic Class from 1932. It was made 8.500 sailboats in past and more than 2.000 have been raced yet.
The chic sleek hull was made from wood in past. Now it has been made from the laminate.
The sails of Star is so big to allow it sails fast even if the wind blows very weakly. Thanks to many controls inside the star boat it can sail when the weather conditions are very difficult and the wind blows very strong.
Every equipment of the sailboat and used materials are controlled during the production to ensure long possibilities of competition for older sailboats too.
- Length: 6,9 m
- Length Waterline: 4,7 m
- Beam: 1,7 m
- Draft: 1,02 m
- Weight: 671 kg
- Keel Weight: 394,5 - 408,5 kg
- Mast Length: 9,6 m
- Sail Area: 27,92 m2
- Mainsails: 20,50 m2
- Headsails: 7,50 m2
- www.starclass.org - International Star Class Yacht Racing Association
- www.starclass.at - Starclass Austria
- www.starclass.de - Vereinigung Deutscher Starbootflotten
- www.starclass.hu - Hungarian Star Class Site